Saturday 21 October 2017

Video review of the Yongnuo YN-14EX macro ring flash

In a bid to find an affordable, but good quality macro ring flash I stumbled across the Yongnuo YN-14EX. This ring flash is based on the popular (and far more expensive) Canon MR-14EX ring flash and the cheaper (but still expensive) Sigma EM-14 ring flash. The Yongnuo YN-14EX does exactly the same thing, works in exactly the same way and has the same features but it is a fraction of the cost, which means you get a lot of bang for the buck.

The YN-14EX seemed too good to miss so I ordered one, and boy am I glad I did. The YN-14EX ring flash is an excellent bit of macro photography equipment and I highly recommend it. Now I have owned, and used, my Yongnuo YN-14EX ring flash for several months I thought it was time to make a quick video review for potential users/buyers, and here it is:-




It is clear to see from the video that the Yongnuo YN-14EX is an excellent ring flash and if you want the biggest bang for your buck this is the macro ring flash to get. 

Another type of macro flash that may be of interest to you is the Yongnuo YN-24EX macro twin light, a different type of macro light that is based on the popular (and way, way more expensive) Canon MR-24EX. I also own the Yongnuo YN-24EX and have created a short video review that may be of interest to you, as follows:-




Once again, Yongnuo have come up trumps with this macro twin light and if a twin light suits your photography style better the Yongnuo YN-24EX is definitely something you should take a look at. 


Photography ramblings video playlist that may be of interest

No comments:

Post a Comment